Monday, August 22, 2016

We're Not Broken, Just Bent

533 Handcock Bridge Pkway Cape Coral, FL 33990

Well...

The news is out! Last p-day while playing soccer, I badly sprained my ankle. I'm not sure what happened. I just collapsed, and within minutes my ankle had swelled three times its size. The Elders gave me a blessing because I was in tons of pain, and we eventually got to the doctor. 

It's a category 3 sprain. It's not broken, but it will take longer to heal. And it looks NASTY! My first thought when I fell is "I'm going to have to go home. I've only got 4 months to go, and now I'm done for." Thankfully it isn't that bad, but I won't be walking, or playing soccer for quite a while.

This Morning

The day it happened

At the doctor
Otter Pops make the best ice packs!

Even my ankle throbs and my whole body aches, we are still working as hard as ever! I never knew how much work crutches are. It seems like just getting up and walking would be so easy! But we did see many miracles as a result...

So I was supposed to get this walking boot, and I had no idea where to get it, or how insurance would cover it, or what to do. So after much frustration, I just figured my body would heal on its own. Bad idea. But while we were doing service with a non member, she told me that I could get a boot at a thrift store. Within 10 minutes, she had found one for me. And it was only $5! I was so grateful that I cried. God is so mindful of us!

Another miracle we saw was with the Carr family. George Carr is a less active member, and his wife was never baptized. She is not open to talking with the missionaries, but we stopped by anyway. She was about to tell us to leave when she saw my foot. She had broken her foot a few years back, so she rushed me inside, got me some ice, and told me to sit down. Before we knew it we were eating dinner with them and teaching them a lesson. BOOM! Miracles happen every day! Sacrifices bring forth the blessings of heaven!

In other news...the bed bug problem is back. And we think we have ticks too. We are getting it checked out today.

We went on exchanges! Super fun! I got to be YSA for a day with Sister Erickson. The STL's also had a sleepover at our house! Which was fun except that now they have bedbugs too...

I am, however, very blessed. Sister Almeida is an angel for putting up with all of this. I couldn't have a better companion right now! Heavenly Father has also given me so much strength this week. My mission has been really hard emotionally. Physical trials are very different, but very real. I am hoping and praying for a quick recovery!

I love you all!

Be careful our there! :)


Sister Danielle Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment