Tuesday, August 9, 2016

We come. we baptize. we leave.

Hey folks!

So this past week was amazing because we had 2 baptisms! Chloe and Sophia Posada were baptized, and the whole thing was an amazing miracle!

Inline image 1Inline image 2
The faith of a child never stops amazing me. These girls are increadible, and their mom is my hero. Always stand up for what you believe in. They, did, and their father let them be baptized. God truly works miracles! After Sophia was baptized, she said "mom, I feel the Spirit!" We all just cried! We are so happy for them, and we know that with their mom's example, they will never stray from the church!

The sad news, however, is that Sister Stevenson and I are both being TRANSFERRED! I am heading out west to Cape Coral in the Ft. Myers zone to begin training AGAIN! I guess I did something right with my first greenie! Sister Stevenson is heading out to Boca Raton. We are so shocked! We knew I would leave, since I've been here for 3 transfers, but we never guessed she would go. We don't really care what happens to us. We are fine, but we are worried about our people here! We have made SO much progress in this area, and have seen SO many miracles! Hopefully we are leaving the area in good hands!

Inline image 4

So this past week was Sister Stevenson's birthday! And it happened to be on bike day...meaning that someone in the mission got in a crash, so we had to bike all day. This was super fun since we live in ANOTHER ZONE! It's 6 miles before we even get to our area. And 45 minutes into biking, I got a flat tire. Uh...we had no clue what to do. So, then we became walking missionaries! We locked our bikes to a palm tree, and headed to the area. We walked a total of 3 hours in the hot, hot sun, but we didn't give up! We still went out to dinner for Sister Stevenson's birthday, and then walked to Carolyn's for a new member lesson. Luckily they gave us a ride home. Crazy day!

We had a great miracle this week in our Book of Mormon class. Inline image 3
And that miracles was a summary of all the great miracles we have seen. All of these people are miracles! From the top left we have Sister Stevenson, my baby. Sister Jones, a less active we rescued in June. Karen, our recent convert. Me! Kaylee, the friend that brought Carolyn to church. Bottom left. Sister Pantoja, the friend that brought Lisa to church. Sophia, Carolyn, and Chloe, our recent converts. Sister Eltringham, a less active who is almost rescued. And last but not least, Lisa, the mother of Chloe and Sophia.

I love all of these people so much. So many miracles. So many amazing people! So hard to say goodbye!


Sister Danielle Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment