Monday, August 29, 2016

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!

Hey everyone. 

So the ankle is doing much better. I'm off of crutches, finally, and now I'm just walking with the boot. It calls for lots of great jokes and nicknames, but for the most part people are helping me a lot. I was having a really hard time because I can't work as fast or as much on crutches. I felt like I was letting God down, but now I know that we should only "run faster than we have strength." And that applies double if you can't run at all :)

This week Sister Almeida and I sang for the mission at Zone Conference. It was awesome! We sang "Come Unto Christ" in Portuguese and English. Beautiful! I think the worst part was walking all the way up there in crutches though! :)

Also, we spent ALL of last p-day with the Packs in our apartment getting rid of our bed bugs. The phrase "Don't let the bed bugs bite" is real here. We had to wash, dry, and steam Everything in our apartment. Apparently they even hide in electrical outlets. Yep. We have the cleanest apartment in the FFLM. 

Last night we met an Olympic horse rider who showed us her 2 pet tortoises. This is Bert, my new friend.

I was so scared to take this picture. It was quite the site to see!

The work really picked up this week. I don't know why it took my so long to get a feel for this new area. We found a bunch of cool people this past week and can't wait to start working with them. 

Miracles happen every day!


I love this mission, and my companion, and I love you all very much!

Talk to you soon!

Sister Danielle Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment