Monday, August 15, 2016

Bed Bugs, Rice A Roni, and Other Adventures

Hello.

What's up?

So I'm here in Cape Coral. And I love it. Sister Almeida, my new daughter, is amazing. I seriously can't get over how much I already love her. She is from Brazil, but came to Utah a year ago to study English. She is like an angel. The only phrase I can think of that describes her is "sweet above all that is sweet." Seriously though, she is amazing.

Sorry this picture is horrible. I let the Elders take it for us. But here's Sister Tarullo (grandma who went home last week) Me, and my daughters Sisters Stevenson and Almeida. So cool!

I miss Davie! We had so many sad goodbyes this past week. I am going to miss all of the people there, but I know this is where I am supposed to be. Davie was one of the closest areas to the mission home, and Cape Coral is that farthest! Anything north from us is the Tampa mission. The Cape is completely surrounded by water, and we have many islands and keys that we cover. Here's a not so good picture that will give you an idea. 


So we had tons of bugs in Davie. And rats. It was bad. And we always joked that the one thing we don't have is bed bugs. Well, God has a pretty funny sense of humor, because that's what we have here!

Yay.....

It's all been taken care of now, but it was quite the battle!

The other adventure that happened this week was getting rained on SUPER HARD. When we got home, our phone wasn't working, and we found out it was filled with water. So we tried blow dying it, and then put it in a box of rice a roni to rest for the night. Early the next morning the Elders came knocking on our door freaking out because they hadn't heard from us. We showed them our phone and they just laughed. We turned it on, and it worked again! Except that the time doesn't work, and it either doesn't send texts, or it sends texts 10 times over. It's been pretty crazy!

This week has been a week of adjusting. New area. New companion. New everything! I forget how long I was in Davie! It's hard because we are both so new to the area, and Sister Almeida is new to the mission. But we are working hard, and we know we will see miracles!

Well, that's all folks. 

Here's a picture of me drinking out of a coconut. Be jealous!


Sister Danielle Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment