Hello and happy Thanksgiving! I hope that your hearts and bellies are full from the holiday weekend.
| "The Pig" *oink oink* |
We had an awesome Thanksgiving here. We ate at the Galang's house, and they roasted a pig! And I mean a WHOLE pig! It was quite the cultural experience!
My birthday was awesome. Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Brother Galang invited us for lunch, and suprised me with a birthday cake and a gift. Wow. He's the man!
This week I got to go on exchanges with none other than Sister Soza! It was exactly 1 year ago that we became companions, and it's so amazing that we had the chance to serve together again. We had an awesome day and laughed way more than the average person should. I feel like Alma when he sees the other sons of Mosiah, and his joy exhausts his strength! Sister Soza is sure exhausting! :)
| Feliz Cumpleanos |
We also witnessed a terrible car accident. I didn't see what caused it, but by the time I saw it, I saw a car turning upside down, and spinning off the road. We pulled over to help, and everyone waited in silence as a man opened the driver's side door. I though for sure that whoever was in there was dead, or seriously injured. But he walked out completley fine. It was nothing short of a miracle, and we are so grateful that God protected us all in that moment.
Sue was not baptized last week, because we felt that she didn't have a full understanding. But she had a breakthrough moment when she all of a sudden understood EVERYTHING we taught her. She has a learning disability, so teaching her has been hard and slow. But I know the Holy Ghost testified to her and helped remember what she knows because she is ready to be baptized on the 3rd!
We are also so excited because the Benzel kids are getting baptized on the 10th! It's the most beautiful part member family I have ever met. Hannah and Jackson, ages 15, and 13, love church, and can't wait to become members.
I am working hard to finish reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish before I leave. I have obviously spent a lot of time in the book of my mission, but haven't read the whole thing. It's been an amazing experience to feel the Spirit testify to me that it's true.
All I can say is that we have had an amazing life changing week, and I couldn't be more happier than to be a FFLM missionary here in Cape Coral! I don't think that words can express the fullness of the joy that I feel right now. I am so happy to be here, and can't wait to work these next few weeks. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure these people are baptized before I leave. Everything we do is for them. My only desire is their happiness and salvation.
I love you all!
Sister Danielle Grace Jones
More pictures!
Thanksgiving with this cute chica
No comments:
Post a Comment