Tuesday, May 17, 2016

TRAINING

Sister Jones stays and trains!!!

AHH!!

Well folks, the news it out! I will be hanging in Davie for another two transfers and training a brand new missionary! Here's hoping she is straight from South America and doesn't know any English. I would love to teach her! Sister Haws is transferring to Palm Beach and training as well. So basically we were both basket cases last night when we found out. Now that we've had time to calm down, we are planning all of the pranks we are going to pull on them. Good luck greenies!

In other news, we had an AWESOME zone activity last p-day that started out with go carts, and ended with am impromptu trip to the beach. Best $50 I've ever spent! It's a bit weird though because we can't go on the sand. So we all stood in a line and waved at the ocean. Can't wait to come back and visit!

This week we have seen a lot of progress with Karen, Jason and Katherine. I am so blessed to be working with this wonderful family. My new baby missionary is SO LUCKY! I've waited my whole mission for this! We've had a bit of trouble getting in contact with Luis and his family, but it's just a work schedule thing. His wife is a member so we aren't super worried about them dropping off the face of the earth...which is apparently what happened to some beloved folks at Coral Springs. Ug...agency is the worst.

Well...I feel like those pictures pretty much sum up my week. We were knocking doors yesterday right next to the temple, and everyone was saying no to us. I just wanted to scream at these people that salvation is literally knocking at their door, and the way to salvation is literally around the corner, and they don't have any idea. Then I thought about the members in the church. Most of you have a temple SO CLOSE to you. You drive past it every day, but how often do you go there? We are 7 miles from it right now, and we can't go inside. We just drive past in awe wishing we were allowed in. Never forget how lucky you are to have a temple, and never miss out on a chance to go!

That's pretty much it! Hopefully my baby missionary will survive the first week with me! She better be a hard worker :)

Peace out,

-Danielle

Inline image 1

Candid

Inline image 2

Stitches = gone

Inline image 3

Downtown Ft. Laud

Inline image 4Inline image 6

Kind of a blurry pic, but on the right is Karen and Jason. They are beyond awesome!

Inline image 7Inline image 8

No. more. dogs.


Inline image 2Inline image 8Inline image 7Inline image 6Inline image 5Inline image 4Inline image 3

Go carts and THE BEACH! Can't step on the sand, though. Best $50 I've ever spent!


No comments:

Post a Comment