So pretty much it's been real in Davie this past week. Sister Stevenson is only 3 weeks old in the mission, but she is doing great! I can't believe I am training...so much responsibility. But Sister Stevenson is basically pre-trained, so no worries! She is 25, and she is from, wait for it, Idaho Falls, Idaho! I can see the joy on Mom's face right now! Those Idahoans are pretty rad, right?
It's nice to have a companion straight out of the MTC. She has so much greenie fire! Everywhere we go, and everything we do is SO exciting! I love it! I am looking forward to seeing muchos millagros this transfer!
So we heard that some sister missionaries can wear pants now...that's weird.
The Chin family is progressing super well. They don't have a baptismal date yet. It's an interesting situation because it's a family, and everyone in the family progresses at different speeds. So some are ready to be baptized while others are not. But they have been to church 3 times now. Just be patient!
Luis took a job in Fort Myers, so he will only be home on the weekends. He still wants to learn more, but we will only be able to teach him once a week. He did come to church though, so we are praying for a miracle with him as well!
Uh...what else? We heard that someone was going through a drive through and that he threw an alligator through the window. I love Florida. It's like one big crazy town! Also, apparently Florida used to have a huge anti venom facility, and when Hurricane Andrew hit, all of the reptiles escaped into the everglades. And that's why we have all of the lovely pests we have today. Seriously though, if it has scales, it lives here.
Well, all I can say is that it's all good in the hood! Talk to you all next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment