Monday, February 1, 2016

Swimming in Elect People

Sister Tuiolemoto and me
​Oh my! How are you all? I've heard tons of crazy stories about the cold and snow. That's rough!

Coral Springs is the most magical place on earth. I never thought I would say this, but it's just as good as Killian, my first area! I love it! Our zone leader joked that we are swimming in elect people. There are so many cool people to teach here. I love it!

So...here's the scoop!

Richard and Kerry. They are still set for the 13th, and I love them with all of my heart and soul! They are still STRUGGLING a lot with the word of wisdom. We "hit the reset button" with them this week. We had the bishop come over and we talked about how they can quit, and he gave them a blessing, and they relapsed again... We were devastated! Richard told us that he set a new day for him to quit. He is going to quit cold turkey on the 6th, so that he can qualify for baptism. He is SO MOTIVATED to quit on this date, but we are worried that he won't be able to do it. If he slips up once, then no baptism on the 13th. And all of Kerry's family is flying in for it and the wedding on the 14th. We have found some really awesome members who can help them out, but they need to make the decision for themselves!

Their kids Brandon and Lindsay will get baptized with Richard as long as their biological father lets them. He is an Atheist, and Kerry doesn't want us to contact him at all, so we just have to have patience and faith! They want baptism so bad! Lindsay loves the ward, and Brandon gives the most amazing prayers. I love them so so so much! Pray for them!
Painting Allie's house.  Super fun!
We are still teaching Dellie, and Jessica, but we aren't quite sure what their desires are. Neither of them came to church, and they are really hard to meet with. I LOVE them both so much, and really hope they start progressing soon!

We found the most AMAZING family of 3 this week. Sean, Gabrielle, and Noel. They accepted baptism for the 20th immediately, and loved everything we taught them. Then one day they told us to stop contacting them. No warning. No explanation. Nothing. We are really confused, and sad, but we know that God has a plan for them! They will come back someday!

Last p-day we went to Hobby Lobby! Wow! So fun! And today we are going golfing with the Elders. But it is raining, so we will see how it goes! I love the other missionaries here so much! We also got to help the other sister missionary's investigator, Allie, paint her house. I love painting. Shout out to Mom for always letting me help her paint!

Pictures! Sorry it's been so long!
Hobby Lobby.  Don't judge my p-day face.
Helping decorate for the stake dance.
And last, but not least, taking out Sister Moise's weave.
A moment to remember. With Sister Tarullo! It's SO fun to have her as my STL!
Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment