This will be my fifth transfer and my fourth area. I have SO many different emotions right now. It's so hard to love people so much and have to leave so soon, but I am really excited for my new area!
So we ALWAYS have a transfer meeting, which is a huge deal because you never know where you are being transferred to until you arrive. But, Dallin H Oaks told every mission president in the world that we shouldn't be doing that anymore. So...when we got on the phone to be told whether or not we were being
transferred, we were also told our new areas, and our new companions. CRAZY!
I am being transferred to Coral Springs. My companion is Sister Tui. I don't know her. All I have is her name! Scary!
More info to come next week! Stay tunned!
In other news, this week was exciting because I got sick! Actually that's not exciting at all. It was just a cold, but its not fun to be a sick missionary. I REALLY didn't want to stay home, so I tried working anyway, but my District Leader misused his authority by committing me to call the nurse... here's how it went.
Me "Hi, it's sister Jones. I'm sick."
Sister Jennings "Okay. You need to stay home."
Me "Uh...does that mean I can't be a missionary today?"
Sister Jennings "Honey, you're here to spread the gospel. Not a virus."
Enough said.
Despite our two stir crazy days of being at home, it was a pretty good week!
We started teaching Armando's grandma, Rafaela. She is going to be baptized on the 16th!
Also, Noemi (Armando's Mom) had her baby! Little baby Mateo! We were able to go to the hospital so see him right after he was born. It was such a special moment to welcome a precious new soul to earth. How amazing is that? A soul straight from Heaven!
Happy New Years! I didn't realize how BIG New Years is for Latin America! It's probably equal to Christmas. But, us missionaries have to stay home because of all the drinking that goes on, so we had a really great party in our house.
I love you all lots!
Sorry about all the cold weather you are having!
-Hermana Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment