This Christmas was definitely one to remember!
We topped off Christmas with two baptisms! After one year of investigating the church, Giselle and Giallyn were baptized on December 26th! It was amazing! It was SO much work, but so worth it. This baptism really shows that everything happens in God's time. Missionaries try so hard to have two week baptisms, but they need to remember that these are eternal beings, and that baptism is a big decision. The 26th was finally the right day for Giselle. It was perfect! There was so much support from the ward. The first missionary who ever taught Giselle flew down for the baptism. Sister Soza and I sang "Noche de Paz," which is Giselle's favorite song, and we all cried and cried and cried. It was beautiful!
The rest of Christmas was pretty great too! I am so overwhelmed by everyone's kindness, letters, and packages. It was so fun to hear from you all! It was also so good to hear from my family! 1 hour isn't nearly enough! I feel like Christmas recharged my batteries, and now I have the energy and motivation I need to keep going!
We also had our "Christmas Conference" which is the only day of the whole year where the entire mission meets together. It was so fun to see everyone! Past companions, past leaders, past district friends, everyone. The mission feels so much more united now that I know more missionaries. I love this mission. It is truly the best in the world!
Now that we just had a baptism, we have exactly nobody to teach...so we are back to a finding stage. Hopefully with the holiday break, more people will be home and willing to listen to our message. Either way, we know that God will guide us to the people who need us! We are so blessed!
I'm not quite sure what else to say...maybe it's because I just talked to you all! So I'll just send you a million pictures! Afterall, a picture is worth a thousand words, right? :)
Happy New Year!
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment