Monday, December 21, 2015

Feliz Navidad

I'm not sure what it's beginning to look like, but it's not Christmas! Today it's about 75 degrees, which means that for Floridians, it's "sweater weather." Literally every door we knock on people ask "what on earth are you doing out in the cold? Go back inside!" 

The big news for this week is that Giselle and Gayllin are still solid for their baptism this Saturday! They already passed their interviews, and now we are just pumping them up for the big day! After over a year of taking discussions, it's finally their time! We have a mission Christmas "training" on Wednesday with all of the missionaries. We have a card for all of the missionaries who taught Giselle to sign. There are MANY. She keeps receiving confirmation after confirmation that it's her time. God is so good!

Armando is doing really well. It's amazing how the testimony of a child can bring an entire family back to church. His abuela is excited to learn more, but we have to wait another week or so for her to move into our area. It's a bit crazy!
Danielle, Hermana Soza and some fantastic ward members!
The rest of the week was a lot of finding. We had to drop out investigator Martha. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I love her so much. She received a powerful confirmation that our church is true, and she decided to deny it. As missionaries, the only thing we can really do is invite. If people don't act on that invitation, then there is nothing we can do!

Danielle has a phobia of ferris wheels.  I'm sure
just looking at this one gave her anxiety.
This week was the ward Christmas party! Wow! Latin parties are SO different, and so fun! When they hear that you are from Utah, they expect you to be able to play the piano. And you can't say no because you will offend someone. So all of a sudden I was in charge of playing all the songs. Then Maida volunteered me to sing a solo as well. So all of a sudden the ward Christmas party was more like talent night for Sister Jones. It was good though. I have learned to never say no when someone needs me!

The rest of the party is EATING a TON!!! And dancing all night long. We have curfew so we had to go, but I heard that they were all out dancing until after 11:00! Wow! Latins know how to party!

Well, I think that's about it. Life is crazy here, but it's also so good! Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment