Hello family and friends!
As many of you know, this past week Cuba was opened for missionary work! We have transfers tomorrow and I couldn't believe it when they told me I was transferring to Cuba! I guess I can thank Mom for making me update my passport. I am really scared because my Spanish isn't very good and because there is a chance that Cuba won't accept our passports and such. From what they told us, jail in Cuba is really rough. Also, because of Hurricane Erika, travel isn't very safe. We hope our boat doesn't get lost at sea, but Sister Tarullo would really like to meet a mermaid. They don't have email in Cuba, so I guess this will be my last contact with you all for 16 months.
Just joking!
| Danielle and Sister Tarullo |
We did have transfers this week, but I am staying here in Killian! Yay! Transfer calls were super intense. It's like getting a mission call every six weeks. It's kind of like American Idol or The Voice. They put all of us on a conference call, read off our names, and say if we are staying or going. There is so much pressure! I am BEYOND happy to be staying here in Killian. We have some AWESOME new investigators who I will tell you about in a minute.
Great things are starting to happen in South Miami!
Oh, but the part about Cuba is true! So we've heard...apparently they chose the Dominican Republic missionaries to get sent to Cuba, even though we are closer. Either way, I have such a love for Cuban people. I am extremely excited for Cuba to hear of the gospel! The work is going to explode!
This week there was A LOT of talk about tropical storm Erika. We don't watch the news, obviously, so we really had no idea it was coming. Once we knew, we kept on getting really mixed signals from everyone we met. The stores and gas lines were all CRAZY because everyone was trying to prepare for the worst. Also, everyone boarded up their homes, which made it difficult to go contacting. But in the end, the storm missed us. We apparently got TONS of rain Sunday night, but we slept through it. Blessings of being a super tired missionary!
Now we are super prepared for the next hurricane!
So back to our new investigators!
-James is a professional golfer who was introduced to the gospel by none other than Mitt Romney. Holy cow! He referred himself to us, and we are excited to begin teaching him. We are hoping for some presidential MPL's ;)
-Kyle is a man who was fellowshipped by a family in the ward, who brought him to church. It was so amazing because we had prayed so hard to have a new investigator at church. We met with him last night. He is super elect, and knows that this is the right thing for him. He doesn't quite understand everything yet, but we will help him along the way! We are going to ask him to be baptized when we meet on Thursday. If all goes well, he will be baptized on the 12th!
-Christina is someone I have probably mentioned before. We have been working with her entire extended family, but had decided to give her and her husband some space. They have had some tough run ins with the church in the past, and Latins get offended really easily so we have to be careful. Anyway, long story short, Christina showed up to church, and we are teaching her tonight! Hopefully there is another baptism in the near future!
We met a lot of other super cool people this week, but we aren't sure how elect they are yet. We have already dropped a few of our other new investigators. Mission life is hard sometimes!
That's pretty much it! It was a great week, and I am really looking forward to my next transfer in Killian!
Not Cuba...sorry about that :)
Love,
Hermana Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment