| Here's David giving us his great big Cuban smile! What a great day! |
What a great week! It feels like SO long, since last P-day. So much has happened!
The most exciting thing is that...wait for it...David got baptized! It was such an amazing event. We weren't sure what was going to happen to him once he left the hospital, and after tons of searching we finally got a hold of him. He said he wouldn't give up baptism for the world. Yes! He left the hospital on Thursday and was baptized Saturday.
God really has a plan for everything. It's hard to see at times, but he does. Sometimes all of your investigators are in the hospital, but that doesn't mean that life is bad! David is so happy to be a part of the Killian ward family. He has so much faith, and I can't wait to see how he changes the world!
On a side note, yesterday we prayed with a man named "Angel Prince of Cuba," who described the spirit saying, "It feels like my high school girlfriend is hugging me." You do you, Angel Prince. You do you.
One door we knocked on knocked back to us...for like 5 minutes! I still don't know if it was a joke or not.
Another door had an envelope taped to it that said "No Testigos de Jehova," or "No Jehovah's Witnesses." So we knocked, and she yelled at us. Oh well.
We found this cute take a book, leave a book library on a street corner, so naturally we left a Book of Mormon. I hope it finds someone great!
| Take a book...leave a book...baptize nations! |
We also got hit on by a car of Catholic school boys. They were very flirtatious, and very persistent, but we told them the only place we would meet them is at church this Sunday. They didn't show.
I seriously love this place!
The other big news for this week is that we went on a two day exchange. It was really good, but also really long! I was so grateful for the chance to work with other missionaries, but I missed my companion a lot!
We had to drop Paula because she isn't progressing at all. Christina and Michael are progressing very slowly, and we really need to find new people. Having a baptism is really amazing, but now we don't have any other investigators. Time to go knock some doors...yay.
At zone conference, Sister Richardson taught us about the Atonement. She said that Christ's earthly ministry only lasted three years because he died for you. Now it's your job to finish what he started. Wow. During dinner with the Snyder family, they told us that we are the closest thing they can get to being around Christ. That's really amazing to think about. I really do represent Christ, and I couldn't be more happy to do so!
Oh a side note, Brother Snyder is a professional sky diving, train riding, performing, Santa Claus. He makes so much money around Christmas that it's all he needs. He doesn't work all year long. It's pretty cool!
Well, that's pretty much it! It was an amazing week, and I am looking forward to more amazing weeks to come!
P.S. I am seriously so grateful for the letters I have received, and especially for the package from Mom! I literally almost cried when I saw home maid cookies. Seriously my companion thinks I am crazy because of how happy I was.
I love you all!
Sister Danielle Grace Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment