Monday, September 14, 2015

Ladies, Adieu

Why hello there!

It's been a very humbling week over here. We basically have no investigators left, so we are forced to knock all day. It's still always over 90 degrees here, so you can imagine how hard it is! Despite our lack of investigators, we are extremely enthusiastic about the work! We are trying and that's all God asks from us. Now we just need to wait for the blessings!

Kyle is still scheduled from baptism, but we are seriously discussing passing him to Snapper Creek YSA. We want so badly to help him, but we don't know how. That's pretty much the theme of this week...not knowing how to help people. Anyway, he is really elect so we are giving him the choice. Us, or YSA. Stay tuned to see what he chooses.

Kyle is also really hard to teach because he doesn't have a phone, or a car, and we can't meet at his house because we need a woman to come with us. So, we always set up appointments days in advance and show up not knowing whether or not he will come. Twice this week, we can around like crazy ladies at the train station without even finding him. He can only contact us by borrowing random people's phones. It's super frustrating!

We did meet two other really cool people this week named Emily and Rachel, but they are both YSA...Snapper Creek needs to start finding us people ASAP! Emily is from China and has no knowledge of who God is, so Snapper is going to have to take things really slow with her. Rachel is someone we knocked into last night, and as soon as I looked at her I knew she would be baptized some day. The spirit was so strong when we prayed with her, and we were so excited until we found out she is YSA...

At least we are bringing souls unto Christ!

Honestly, there isn't much more to say! We are just knocking a lot, and trying not to get frustrated. I love my companion so much, but I'm not perfect! I am really learning how to get along with people. She is getting really frustrated, but I don't want her to be!

This week we were really grateful for the members. Meal appointments are the only times of the day when people actually want to talk with us, which is super nice!

Well...I am at a loss of what else to say. It's been quite a week, and I a SO ready to find some new people.

Bring it on, Florida!

Yesterday while knocking, this Jamaican man with beaded dreads and an unbuttoned flower shirt was riding a tiny bike down the road. He had yellow tinted glasses, some gold teeth, and was playing super cheesy flute music from a speaker in his basket. As he passed us, with hair billowing in the breeze, he turned, blew a slow kiss and said "Ladies, Adieu."

And then he rode off into the sunset never to be seen again! 

It was probably much funnier in real life, but I really wanted to share it anyway!

Mission life is crazy life!

Time to find some new "gators!"

-Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment