Why hello there!
This week we had the most memorable fourth of July ever! In Mexico of all places! We got all of the American missionaries to wear red, white, and blue. Even some of the Latinos joined in! Estaban, our super awesome chef friend, made everyone an American feast! We had hamburgers, home maid apple pie with ice cream, nachos, fried chicken, and red white and blue fruit. We were all SO full! The best part is that Estaban decorated our table in red white and blue. And I really mean just our table. It's all about who you're friends with in the CCM!
We also sang only songs about American for all of our class devotionals. If it´s in the English hymn book, then it's okay...right? Our teachers think we are all crazy. We even drew a flag on the board so we could put our hands over our hearts as we sang. We are extra grateful for America after seeing the conditions here in the city. We are all also really excited to go back to the states after the MTC. It might not be perfect, but it's sure a great place to be!
Our district decided to do an English fast for the second half of our time in the CCM. It's really frustrating to not always know how to say what I need to, but I really believe this is the best way to learn!
I am now teaching 4 investigators, 2 of which are teachers, and 2 of which are missionaries, so my work load is huge! I am also an investigator for some Elders which is fun!
| Mural at the Mexico MTC (CCM) |
I feel really sick today, and since I was up all night long, I desperately needed a nap. Thank goodness for P Day! I felt really bad because I slept for 2 hours, and made my companion miss volleyball with our district. While I was asleep, she finished my laundry for me and cleaned our Casa. Seriously this girl is great. How will I ever be able to repay her!
We auditioned to sing a musical number in an MTC devotional with some other girls in our casa. Having a piano performance major as a companion is really awesome! Hermana Gill, who is in charge of music, loved it, but she doesn't know if there is a spot before we leave. Fingers crossed! Hermana Sorenson and I are going to do a musical number in church on Sunday, so at least we have something to look forward to!
I feel like I am starting to figure out the language, but it's so hard! For the first time last week I felt like I was able to bear my testimony with the spirit, and not worry so much about what I was saying. Spanish is possible!
We are the oldest missionaries in our branch, and we have two districts who are three weeks behind us. They are struggling a lot. People always told us how great our district was and thanked us for our hard work. Now I know they are right. I love the other districts so much. They are all really great, but during class times, we have to go procter their classes because they don't get anything done without us. It takes up a lot of our time!
| One more picture! We are so happy to be emailing our families! We really love each other, I promise! Even if we didn't sit next to each other! |
I was really sad to hear about the passing of President Packer. We don't here much news in our little CCM, bubble, but everyone has been talking about this. We are going to watch his funeral, which I am really grateful for because I have so much love for all of the apostles. I took a living prophets class at BYU, and I feel like I know them all so much better. Some of the missionaries have been here for the passing of both Elder Perry and Elder Packer. As I read PMG, I am pretty sure that Elder Packer is quoted in at least half of it. I am so grateful for him!
When we do get new general authorities, I hope one of them is a Latino! The people here are so loving, and Christlike. Mexico has been such a great experience!
I love TRC! Every Saturday we get to teach a volunteer one on one. They don´t speak ANY English, which makes it hard at first, but rewarding in the end. I can't wait to do real missionary work, and teach real people. Only two weeks until I am done with the MTC! Part of me feels like time flies, and part of me feels like I have been here forever!
This week for service we...cleaned chairs! What a great idea to get the missionaries to do service in the CCM because we get to the point where we would rather do anything than class work.
This week, like every week at the CCM has been one of lots of ups and downs. I have never worked this hard with such little sleep, but I know the blessings are coming! I am starting to rely on my companion and my district more. I tried so hard to keep all of my problems bottled up, but all of the members in my district are going through the same things as me! I love them all so much. I know God loves me because he put me in such a great group of kids! I am feeling the spirit so strongly every day, and even though I don't know yet why I am supposed to serve a mission, I can't deny how strongly I was prompted to go.
THIS IS HARD!
But blessings will come!
Thanks for all of the love and support!
I love you all so much!
Until next time!
-Hermana Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment