But I am happy to announce that we had 2 baptisms!
I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my mission than to baptize Jackson and Hannah. This family is so special. I love them so so so much. The Spirit was so strong at the baptism, and especially during the confirmation. I know that these kids are going to do great things! After the baptism, Marissa texted us saying, "thanks so much for helping my family get back to church. We feel 'Home' here." We read that text and just cried and cried. We are so thankful. So thankful that God loves us enough to trust us with this part of his fold.
Most of the other things that have happened this week were in preparation to go home. We joke in the mission that when you first arrive, you are "born." Which is why Sister Tarullo is my mom, and why sisters Stevenson, Almeida, and Langarica are my daughters. And when you go home, you "DIE!" So in honor of my going home, the Elders threw me a "funeral" after DT.
I'll have to share my Eulogy with all of you when I get home. It's pretty good :)
I also had my "dying interview" with President. It was pretty interesting. We talked about my plans for the future, and he thanked me for my service. He thanked me for fulfilling all of the "special assignments" I was asked to do. I am grateful for him, and for his words of wisdom.
That's pretty much it. I have so much to say, and don't quite know how to say it. I can't believe that this chapter of my life is coming to a close. But I am looking forward for the next stage in my life. I am coming home stronger, wiser, tougher, and most of all, I am coming home saying that I did it! I did it, and I never quit. I worked every day the hardest I could.
I shared it once before, but this scripture keeps coming to my mind as I prepare to leave.
Helaman 10:4-5
4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever.
I know this is true. I can't wait to live with God forever :)
I love you all! See you soon :)
Sister Danielle Grace Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment