Monday, September 26, 2016

Livin' the Dream


Hello friends and family!

Well...I feel like there isn't a lot to say this week. We are still here in Cape Coral, still fighting bed bugs, and still baptizing nations! At least, we are trying to!

We are teaching Daisy, who is a Brazilian. She is so elect! We are so blessed! She is going to be baptized on the 15th, as long as she keeps progressing. It's amazing how the gift of tongues works. Through my gringo Spanish, I am able to teach a Portuguese speaker. And Sister Almeida helps a lot. I love Daisy so much, and can't wait for her baptism!

All of our other investigators have been really flakey. It's hard when people have good intentions, but don't act on them. Just be baptized, please! :)

We had Stake Conference last week, so we didn't get our meal calendar passed around. So we had nobody to feed us, and Sister Almeida only had $3.22 on her MSF card. AND since we didn't have enough miles to go home every day, we had to get creative! We thought we could cook at the church, but it turns out there is no stove. So we cooked pasta in the oven! It takes a long time, but it's just as good! While we waited, we feasted on popcorn, hot chocolate, and powdered lemonaide, since that's all the church has. "Mission life is ghetto life!"

Inline image 1

Wow. I guess that's all the excitement from the week. I promise I will have more to say and will have more pictures next week. Until then, peace out. Or as Sister Almeida says. "paz afuera."

Inline image 2
Sister Danielle Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment