Monday, June 6, 2016

Howdy y'all

So this week the AC in our house broke...so it's been a sweaty sweaty couple of days in Davie. They are supposed to come fix it today, but who knows. Sister Stevenson tried opening a chocolate bar last night and the whole bar just flopped over. Some less actives gave us some extra fans to put in our house, but apparently they don't use them because their dog peed all over them. Well...mission life is ghetto life!

This week we got to do service at Flamingo gardens! It's this cool wildlife preserve that features animals from all over Florida. We got to help out in the butterfly room, and teach little kids all about butterflies. It was so cool! We also saw some burrowing owls while we were knocking. Florida is a pretty cool place!

So the big news for last week is that the Chin family decided to get baptized on the 11th. Hearing them say that was one of the happiest moments of my mission. I love them so much! And the news for this week is that Satan really doesn't want them to be baptized. We aren't sure what to do. Last week we went on a temple tour, then they came to church, and we scheduled out every lesson we need to teach them until their baptism, and then they canceled on us. They said they wouldn't be able to meet at all this week. We were heartbroken, but kept praying. We fasted for them. We fasted that they might make time for us. We stopped by on Saturday night, and everything seemed good. They said they were coming to church, and then they didn't show. None of the members have heard from them either, and we don't know what's wrong. We are hoping and praying that they are still committed to this gospel. Please continue to pray for this beautiful family!

Besides them, our teaching pool is...non existent right now. We are working so hard! But we have faith! We are just waiting now. Waiting for miracles! 

On Friday of this week I will hit my 1 year mark on the mission. Crazy. So I've been doing a lot of reflecting. This mission is hard. It's hard physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But as I looked back on my mission experiences so far, it's so much easier to remember the good, then the bad. I want to be able to look back on the mission as a good experience. I want to remember my mission as the best 1.5 years. I only have 6 months left to go. And by-golly I'm gonna make it great!

See you in 6!

-Sister Danielle Jones

Inline image 1   
TIWI...the worst :)


Inline image 4
some burrowing owls...hoot!



This is the picture I sent Brandon :)

Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment