Monday, April 11, 2016

Praise the Laud!

Alma 8:9 "Now Satan had gotten great hold upon the hearts of the people of the city of [Davie]; therefore they would not hearken unto the words of [Sister Haws or Sister Jones]."

Yeah...that's pretty much how our week went. But we have FAITH! I have never knocked for so long and been rejected so many times. I'm happy to be here, but holy cow am I tired. The good news is that I LOVE SISTER HAWS!!! I have had such a hard time with companions on my mission. It's rediculous. I don't know why President always puts me with them, but I am so happy with who I am with now! Sister Haws is my third companion from Colorado. She went to one year of BYU before her mission and she is just really great. She is a Portuguese speaking companion which makes things really interesting. The ward is bilingual, so any Spanish speakers are all up to me! A big responsibility!

The town of Davie is...so different from anywhere else I've been. It's like a wild west town. It's right by Ft. Laud, and leads right to the ocean, so it isn't small by any means, but it's very country. When you drive up and down the roads you feel more like you are in Montana, or Wyoming (shout out to Jessica King!) There are always horses walking around, and we have the first hill I've ever seen in Florida. It's a man made hill that covers up a trash dump, but still, a hill is a hill!

I was really sad to leave Coral Springs. Especially with Marlin getting so close to baptism. But I know that Sister Tui needed to stay and I know that they will see miracles and that God will take care of my people!

Oh my!!! This week while knocking I got bit by a dog! I'm really lucky though because I don't need stitches. I was bleeding all over though and we were super far from our car, so we knocked on the next door and asked for some band-aids. They let us into their home and we shared a message. Hidden blessings. 

The house we live in is a lot like the cabin in Idaho. It's super cool and has a loft. But...it also has termites, cockroaches, and rats. They haven't caught a rat in a few weeks because we put ALL THE FOOD in the fridge. So now we just need to be careful not to step on the rat traps. Here's hoping I don't start sleep walking again! :) Did you know termites make noise? They sure do! As long as they stay inside the walls though, I'm fine with it!

We had two investigators in sacrament meeting yesterday. We met them while knocking, and their names are Gustavo and Dante. They are pretty cool. They loved church, and we are excited to meet with them again! This area hasn't had a lot of success, so we are excited to see where the work takes us!

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

I love you all! I hope to hear from you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment