Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, packages, letters, and thoughts! You all make me feel so loved! #20yearsold
We got hit by a cold front, and it's currently 75 degrees. People are walking outside with sweaters and coats. It's hilarious! It finally feels like a regular Utah winter day! No more "face melting hot!"
| Doing dishes, |
So...the question for the week is where is Hna. Jones right now. Right now I am in Naples, but tomorrow I could be anywhere because I am being TRANSFERRED again!
All I can say is that it's been quite an experience here in Naples. The past 6 weeks I have grown so much. I am so excited to start this new adventure! Sister Curnow will be staying here for another transfer. The past few days together have been some of our best! We have 4
investigators, who just turned up out of the blue, and who are
progressing towards baptism on the 9th! I guess it all comes down to seeing people as Heavenly Father sees them, and putting others before yourself. As good as things have been the past few days, it's time to go. I feel like I am graduating, or finishing a race. Everything was hard, but necessary, and now there are blessings to come!
| taking care of the sick, |
So about our new investigators...
We met Eddie last Sunday. I think we talked about him in the last
email. We have been teaching him almost every day, and we just committed him to live the word of wisdom. He told us that he already felt like he needed to make that change in his life. The Spirit is so amazing!
| and hugging a manatee. All in a day's work in Florida! |
We met Pedro and Adrian when a lesson with their next door neighbor fell through. Hooray for miracles! They are from Mexico. Pedro is Adrian's dad, and Adrian is 10. Hooray for being baptismal age! We have seen them almost every day, as well. A few months ago, they just found the movie "the Lamb of God" in their house. It's an LDS film. They have no clue where it came from, but they watched it. After that they started "studying" with the Jehovah's Witnesses...then we knocked on the door, and they said they feel so much better when we are there.
Usbeidy is from Mexico as well. She has a 5 month old daughter with her boyfriend who is a minor. We've got some great commandment lessons to teach, but she is so down for baptism. In the first lesson, she brought up how she didn't understand infant baptism. She knows our church is true, and she actually
visited it for a while when she was little. She already has a Book of Mormon!
So things are picking up here in Bahia North. It's been a long 6 weeks. It's better than ever before, and it's going to be a white Christmas seasons with all the baptisms that are coming up!
Stay tuned to see where I am next week!
I love you all!
-Hna. Danielle Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment