Monday, November 30, 2015

No Place I'd Rather Be

New Address:
Hermana Danielle Jones
17242 NW 73rd Ave. 
Miami, FL 33015

A big transfer day family picture.  Sister Tarullo (my mission mom), Sister Simmons (mission grandma), Sister Adams (mission babysitter), and Sister Schmidt (my new mission...aunt?)
The view from our front lawn.

Well family...4 transfers and 3 areas later, and I have finally landed back in the beautiful city of Miami! I'm thrilled to be here! I checked and I am only 16 miles from my first area. It's close in distance, but I think it's 2 zones away. It's crazy! Either way, Miami feels like home. I am pumped to be here, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Sister Soza's first time making cupcakes!


My new companion is Sister Soza Rojas. She is from Chile, and didn't speak a lick of English before her mission. Now she's only on her third transfer, so with my lick of Spanish, and her lick of English, we are an impressive team! She is super great, and I am grateful for the chance I have to learn Spanish from a native.


Mom syndrome :) Happy Birthday!
Do you like my new socks?
My birthday was definitely one to remember! Thanks everyone for the cards and thoughts. I really appreciated it! I spent my birthday helping the Bishop's parents move...for 6 hours! I have giant bruises up and down my arms from carrying heavy things all day. I have never been so tired in my life! We made cupcakes that night because Sister Soza has NEVER made them before! We were planning on doing something crazy and fun to celebrate, but just ended up crashing in bed. Still though, it was a great day! It's not about me. It's about the work!

Some silly elders.  I guess you can't light
candles in the church.  Oh well!
Thanksgiving was great too! It's been really unique to be spending these holidays with complete strangers, but that's mission life! :) We could only go to 2 meal appointments (lunch and dinner) but the members all wanted to feed us! This wasn't your traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Not at all. We had dinner with the Perez family in the back of their mobile home in Honey Hill trailer park. It doesn't matter who you are, or where you are from. Everyone is family here. I love it!


You wouldn't believe the living conditions of some of the people. Every area I go to gets poorer and poorer. I feel like I am in a movie. These people are just trying to survive, yet they are some of the happiest people I know! I have so much to learn from them!

One miracle we saw this week was meeting Marta. We OYM'ed her on the street. She took one look at me, and said, "what are you doing here, you're

blonde!" I guess I forget how much I stick out! Anyway, we invited her to church, and she told us her Mom used to be a member of our church. She was so excited to come with us, and she really did come bright and early the next day. She cried through the entire sacrament because she felt the spirit so strong. She is awesome. This area is awesome. There are such great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment