| Danielle and her companion, Sister Curnow |
So there's this super sketchy ice cream truck that used to be a construction vehicle that drives around "the box." It's driven by a Jehovah's Witness, and it only plays "Turkey in the Straw." That's right folks, we get to listen to Turkey in the Straw all day every day. Sister Abad, who is from the Philippines, loves that song SO much. It's all I've heard for two weeks now!
I'm starting to get over the culture shock of Naples. It's so different from Miami! I think I said this in my last email, but it's a lot like Island Park. The town itself is pretty wide open with
lots of trees. It's all vacation homes. The area we work in is what we call "the box." It's where ALL of the Latins live, and it's pretty much like being in Mexico. Seriously, nobody speaks English. Also nobody has a car, so we are really lucky that the chapel is so close!
lots of trees. It's all vacation homes. The area we work in is what we call "the box." It's where ALL of the Latins live, and it's pretty much like being in Mexico. Seriously, nobody speaks English. Also nobody has a car, so we are really lucky that the chapel is so close!
This week we finally broke out the bikes! I don't know why some areas have to bike and others don't, but I am super glad to be in a biking area. It's super great for talking to people and handing out cards.
So Manny, who is my investigator from Killian should be getting baptized this week! I am so excited for him! I went on exchanges with my STL, who served in Killian, and it turns out that she is the missionary who found him a year ago. How cool is that? Never under estimate the influence you have on people! No good effort is wasted!
The missionaries in Naples are top notch. I love them all so much! I am so blessed!
The Solano family (Dominicans) are AWESOME! The kids are so solid on baptism, and we are working really hard with the Grandma as well. As soon as she gets work off, she wants to be baptized as well. We want to meet with the parents, but everyone works SO much! I honestly think there is never a time where the entire family is home at once. It's really tricky!
We are also working with a woman named Raquel. We knocked into her during exchanges, and she really opened up to us. She was pregnant with twins, but one of them died during childbirth. She has been really depressed and lonely since then, and is so ready to hear our message. I am really excited to see where the church will take her!
Well...that's all folks! I hope a picture is really worth 1000 words, because I don't have much to say this week! Until next time!
-Sister Jones
| Coconut from Danielle complete with one of the stickers David (new convert in Killian) gave them. |
![]() |
| Did you know that you can mail a coconut? This is what a coconut received in the mail looks like. :) |
| Chris, a recent convert, and his new daughter, Leah. |
| Eating sushi. This is another mission miracle! |

No comments:
Post a Comment