Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference and an Exchange

Hello and good morning! We are still going to the zoo today, after a lot of scheduling difficulty, and we were able to find a way to email in the morning instead of the evening. Yes! We are super pumped for the zoo, especially since we haven't been able to do very much during p-day because of our washing machine issues.

Anyway, this week was great! Conference was amazing. I am so excited to have three new apostles. I also really liked how everyone who spoke was able to honor the apostles who passed. They are all really amazing men! I had a dream a few days before conference about who would be called. All I saw was the face of a man I didn't know. I didn't realize until yesterday, but the face I saw in the dream was Elder Renlund's face. I guess God was trying to tell me who he had chosen, but it didn't register until later.  Either way, the spirit was so strong when all three men spoke. I truly know that they have been called of God!

The miracle of this week was actually having an investigator at conference...mostly because we don't have very many! Bradly is a former who graduated from BYU. I'm not sure how you do that without becoming converted, but he managed to! We were so happy to have him at conference with us!

We have met Manny one other time, and things are good, but he isn't quite as elect as we originally thought. It's really hard to find a time to meet with him, and he hasn't come to church for 2 weeks in a row now. He wants to change, but isn't putting in the effort. We are praying really hard for him!

I went on an exchange with Snapper again and was able to help teach a lesson to Kyle again. Kyle was our investigator, but we passed him to YSA. He isn't doing well. It isn't because of the missionaries, because the YSA sisters are top notch! His whole countenance has changed, and he doesn't have the same desires he used to have. The thing that saddened me the most was that he asked us to stop referring to God as "Heavenly Father," because of his bad relationship with his own father. Simply calling him God takes out a very important part of the Plan of Salvation, and of any relationship with him. I want so badly to help, but don't know how. I truly believe that he will come around, but I am still worried!

Another really amazing miracle of the week was finding Cary. We had a pretty rough morning, and it seemed like everything was going wrong. Neither of us were excited to go knocking because we pretty much knew we would be knocking all day long. We prayed about a specific street, and found her on the first door we knocked. As soon as we said we were there to share a prayer with her, she began to cry. 10 minutes ago, she had gotten back from the doctor with the news that she has breast cancer. Wow. God really led us to the right door! We were able to help console her a lot and share a prayer that helped her a lot. She kept saying "I can't believe I have two angles in my living room." And kept asking us when we can come back. She is so sweet, and although she couldn't come to conference, we still have high hopes for her. It was truly a miracle!

I am loving life in my Miami home! Transfers are next week, and although I am in dire need for some variety in my life, I don't want to leave! It's a good thing that I don't have to make that decision. I know that I am truly in God's hands!

In other news, I learned that you can make crepes with bisquick! #missionlife #conferencemorning

Love you all! Thanks so much for keeping in touch!
Pictures texted to Nancy by Lizette Anderson, the Relief Society President.  Her daughter just returned from her mission in Utah.



No comments:

Post a Comment